Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saddlerock #2




KC and Maisy scaling the rocks.. yikes!


This is the part where KC said I lost my right to choose the path we take... Oops!







































So my friend KC and I decided we had one more hike up Saddlerock in us before winter gets here. We had hiked Saddlerock 2 weeks ago with Annie and Kent.. but decided to go solo this time... The hike started out great. We hiked up the front side, which is much more scenic with the views of the valley. As we made our way up, we had to make some choices in which path to take (there is a mnt. bike path along with a hiking path). Well, I assured KC we were taking the "right" way even though the scenery started to look a little "different" than before... Turns out I had us on a slightly steeper path.. little rock climbing here and there!! But we made it down in one piece and Maisy had a great time running and playing. She does very well.. will run up ahead but always sits and waits for us to catch up. Was a fun Sunday afternoon, but I got reminded of my horrible sense of direction.. guess this is the last time I get to pick the route :)








No comments: